You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-19 11:57:08

Bradan

Issues after last pacman -Syu update (Polkit, Gnome, SystemD)

Hello,

I'm experiencing some issues with polkit in connection with Gnome 3.20.2 after the last "pacman -Syu": whenever I try to shutdown or reboot there is a sudo-dialog appearing. The logs state the following:

Jun 19 13:36:51 my-linux polkitd[509]: Operator of unix-session:c2 FAILED to authenticate to gain authorization for action org.freedesktop.login1.reboot for system-bus-name::1.28 [/usr/lib/gnome-session/gnome-session-binary] (owned by unix-user:username)

Also systemd seems to have problems during startup:

systemd[1]: Failed to start User Manager for UID 1000.

Can you help me with this? Is there anything I can do to get more information what is going wrong? I am using lightdm in case that it matters.

[EDIT]
I just noticed, that the audio controls of gnome are also missing. "pulseaudio -k" says that no process is running.

Kind regards

Last edited by Bradan (2016-06-19 12:01:59)

#2 2016-06-19 18:29:46

Bradan

Re: Issues after last pacman -Syu update (Polkit, Gnome, SystemD)

The Archlinux IRC channel on freenode helped me solving it: it wasn't a problem with the latest update, it was already a problem before. I installed profile-sync-daemon and the service was enabled. After removing it and the ~/.config/systemd/... parts of it, the error messages were gone. I guess that it bites itself with ecryptfs. Thank you very much!

Board footer