You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-21 14:54:38

oxygen_wobble

Lenovo T440 - Differences in CPU Temperature after re-installing ?

I recently re-installed the arch system on my Lenovo T440s, and it seems that my CPU is now running way cooler,
even though the fan seems to run less than before.

Before, it was usually between 45° and 48° Celsius, now it's between 38° and 43°.

TBH, i can't remember what kind of powersave options i applied on the previous installation.
I didn't use thinkfan or anything before (i tried, but disabled it afterwards, i think), and i'm not using it now ...

Not that i'm complaining, the influence on the lifespan is hopefully neglectible, but i still wonder where the drop
may stem from ... anybody got an idea ?

#2 2016-06-21 15:01:55

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Lenovo T440 - Differences in CPU Temperature after re-installing ?

No ideas that would not be pure speculation.  38 to 43 is pretty low.  What is the room ambient temperature?
I just logged into my system at home.  Sitting closed, backlight off,  idle on the desk in a 26 degrees C room it is running at 49 degrees C

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-06-22 07:06:24

hradecek

Re: Lenovo T440 - Differences in CPU Temperature after re-installing ?

Maybe, because it's is fresh installation you don't have so many processes so CPU is not working so hard...
I have T450s and my CPU temp is usually same as yours...

$ perl -wle '$_ = 1; (1 x $_) !~ /^(11+)\1+$/ && print while $_++'

Board footer