You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-22 14:26:47

dsniwa

[SOLVED] Some context not working when open file manager with root

Suddenly contex menu not working when I'm open file manager as root, but all contex menu working if I'm open file manager with normal user.

As far as I know only open with 'Atom Git' is working while in root.

Screenshot

I'm using deepin desktop and pantheon-files for file manager, all contex menu not working when open pantheon with root like open in terminal, search here, compress, etc but open with Atom Git is working. I have nautilus but contex menu is not working too when open nautilus with root. How can I fix it/workaround it?

Last edited by dsniwa (2016-06-23 03:39:37)

#2 2016-06-22 14:56:28

ayekat

Re: [SOLVED] Some context not working when open file manager with root

dsniwa wrote:

I'm using deepin desktop and pantheon-files for file manager, all contex menu not working when open pantheon with root like open in terminal, search here, compress, etc but open with Atom Git is working. I have nautilus but contex menu is not working too when open nautilus with root. How can I fix it/workaround it?

Could you please elaborate what you mean with "working"/"not working"? What's the expected behaviour? How does the actual behaviour differ from the expected behaviour?

pkgshackscfgblag

#3 2016-06-22 15:07:26

dsniwa

ayekat wrote:
dsniwa wrote:

Could you please elaborate what you mean with "working"/"not working"? What's the expected behaviour? How does the actual behaviour differ from the expected behaviour?

Working is I mean atom open the file that I want to edit, and not working is nothing happen at all, eg if I'm select open with gedit or select search here nothing is happen.

#4 2016-06-22 15:13:13

ayekat

Have you tried running your file manager from a shell and see whether it outputs something there (e.g. when you click on "Open with gedit")?

pkgshackscfgblag

#5 2016-06-22 15:19:23

dsniwa

Nothing, just some warning messages, and this message is the same as before I'm click on some context menu.
iOiS9JO.png

#6 2016-06-22 15:37:00

ayekat

Is that the full output? I'm convinced there is more text than that above the part you're showing me...
Anyway, if you chose "Other Application", do you at least get the same list of applications to choose from as when running the file manager as a regular user?
Have you tried running those applications directly as root (instead of launching them via your file manager)?

Also please don't post images of text - use code tags instead

[code]like this[/code]

pkgshackscfgblag

#7 2016-06-22 15:37:37

dsniwa

Ok, now the problem is gone, after restarting machine 2 times the problem is gone and I can use context menu normally. Thanks for your help smile

#8 2016-06-22 18:23:45

ayekat

Well... whatever the reason was. At least it's solved smile

Please don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] by editing your first post and editing the title.

pkgshackscfgblag

Board footer