You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-22 22:05:27

joshuaauger

Monitor Brightness Issues

Hey everyone,

I just installed Arch + BSPWM on my Dell Chromebook 13. I am having an issue with the backlighting. I can change the backlight using tee /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness <<< NUMBER and also by installing the program Light I can use light -A % and it works as well.

The issue I am having is that I am trying to map XF86MonBrightness on the keyboard using sxhkd but it seems that the XF86MonBrightness is already mapped to something and I'm not sure how to findout what the mapping is or how to change it.

Using super + Up in the config, i can do light -A 5% and it will work fine, if I try the same keymapping with XF86MonBrightness, nothing happens.

I checked they key using Xev and that is the right key. I also tried xdotool key --clearmodifiers XF86MonBrightness and no change.

Any ideas on how I can check the key mapping and/or remap it?

#2 2016-06-24 16:29:49

joshuaauger

Re: Monitor Brightness Issues

Okay, so now I notice if I start sxhkd after bspwm or start xbindkeys after bspwm it works fine, I kill the process and then start it again and the media keys work.

my xinitrc is just

sxhkd &
exec bspwm

any ideas?

#3 2016-06-24 18:09:13

Hund
Website

If it works by starting sxhkd after bspwm, then what's the problem? smile

#4 2016-07-04 20:42:00

joshuaauger

So I still haven't been able to resolve this, does anyone have an idea why running SXHKD after my X session is running works but when calling it with bspwm it doesn't? I have to kill the process in a terminal and then start it again and everything is fine.

Most of the shortcuts work just the XF86 ones don't when started with BSPWM and X...

Board footer