You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-04 02:11:28

fajung

can't set Nautilus as default inode/directory

When I installed Arch, I decided to go for xfce4 as DE, and back then I changed the default  inode/directory thunar to nemo, but then I began to realize that almost all the Apps that I used, are from gnome or made for gnome, and I decided to switch to gnome 3.20 desktop, I installed the Dynamic Top Bar gnome's extension, when nemo is set to display desktop icons, it create a maximazed Window, which null the dynamic Top Bar effect. I already changed the desktop icons handler back to nautilus with dconf, but I can't change the mime association back to Nautilus

[fajung@Archlinux ~]$ xdg-mime default org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop inode/directory
[fajung@Archlinux ~]$
[fajung@Archlinux ~]$ xdg-mime query default inode/directory
exo-file-manager.desktop

I searched the files listed here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … list_files I changed nemo.desktop over org,gnome.Nautilus.desktop i a few files, but some of the files listed there I don't have them like "$HOME/.config/$desktop-mime" no gnome-mime.... or the directory does not exists.

so I'm lost here, obvously there is something that I can't find, but need help.

Last edited by fajung (2016-07-04 02:13:02)

#2 2016-07-16 11:52:20

Awebb

Re: can't set Nautilus as default inode/directory

It looks like you have XFCE or at least parts of it installed. Thunar comes with its own mime handler, it's called exo-open. Try to find out, whether xdg-open always invokes exo-open for some reason. There should be another exo-* tool, but it has been years and I don't remember.

#3 2020-09-09 07:59:14

tibfulv

I checked my system, and command completion report four programs beginning with 'exo-'. 'exo-csource', 'exo-desktop-item-edit', 'exo-open', and 'exo-preferred-applications'. The last one is probably the one you didn't remember.

#4 2020-09-09 08:40:27

V1del
Forum Moderator

Thanks for sharing, but I'm unsure how useful that reminder to a tangential note 4 years ago will be today.

Please don't necrobump: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping%22

Closing.

Board footer