You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-09 07:19:47

dharmaslacker

[SOLVED] Deluge won't seed more than 15 torrents since upgrade

I just did a system upgrade (which I haven't done in awhile), which upgraded my Deluge. Now, since the upgrade, Deluge is completely ignoring my settings for max active torrents / max seeding and will not seed more than 15 torrents.

I tried downgrading the package, but that did not work. (In fact, it made it worse for some reason. It would seed only 15 torrents initially after upgrade. After downgrading, it would only seed 5 torrents. Now I've upgraded back to the latest again.)

This is killing my ratio on some trackers I just recently joined. This is very bad. Please help. I'm going to have my accounts suspended.

Last edited by dharmaslacker (2016-07-09 12:11:57)

#2 2016-07-09 07:22:05

dharmaslacker

Re: [SOLVED] Deluge won't seed more than 15 torrents since upgrade

I would add that UPnP has stopped working since the upgrade, as well. I had to manually setup port forwarding on my router, which I didn't need to do before the upgrade. But the urgent issue is that it is not letting me seed more than 5 torrents.

#3 2016-07-09 09:06:40

dharmaslacker

Out of desperation, tried the following:  I shut down the daemon, purged the config directory, started it again and let it create a new config directory. Changed the config settings appropriately to what I want. Then manually started adding back in the torrents I was seeding. Once again, it would not seed more than 15.. Once I reached 15, every other torrent I added to seed just shows as "Queued".

I'm desperate, here. This is stopping me from seeding back torrents I've recently downloaded.

#4 2016-07-09 12:11:12

dharmaslacker

Someone on the Deluge forum assisted me. Apparently, the libtorrent-rasterbar lib pulled in as a dependency for Deluge on  Arch is an incompatible version. I had to downgrade libtorrent-rasterbar to 1.0.9.

I hope this will be fixed in the Arch package. But downgrading fixed the problem for now.

#5 2016-07-13 11:56:47

coconutoil

dharmaslacker wrote:

Someone on the Deluge forum assisted me. Apparently, the libtorrent-rasterbar lib pulled in as a dependency for Deluge on  Arch is an incompatible version. I had to downgrade libtorrent-rasterbar to 1.0.9.

I hope this will be fixed in the Arch package. But downgrading fixed the problem for now.

I found some weirdness after upgrading (extra/deluge           1.3.12-1       -> 1.3.12+73+g5f92810-1), so downgraded deluge back to 1.3.12-1. I hadn't thought of the libtorrent aspect. At the moment i'm just manually --ignore=deulge on my system updates but glad you posted the solution.

Board footer