You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-13 12:59:06

Purgator

Arduino : Upload seems work but nothing happen

Hello everyone !

I recently tried to play with an arduino uno board using my laptop with arch to upload the source code.
I followed the arch wiki, installed the official arduino IDE and the usb driver : ch341ser

When i plug the arduino to my laptop using usb, the 'port' appear in the tool menu. I can compile and upload my code to the board, then the arduino IDE say to me that all is done successfully and show up the memory information as if it work.
The fact is nothing work, the arduino still doing nothing, like if nothing happened.

What i miss ? I don't know what to search because there is no error at all... I already spent 3 hours doing stupid random things :'(

Any idea ?

EDIT :  On the same computer it work under windows.

Last edited by Purgator (2016-07-13 13:00:28)

#2 2016-07-13 15:49:28

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Arduino : Upload seems work but nothing happen

I hope you are not really trying to upload the source to the Arduino wink
What port does the Aduino show up as?   ( /dev/USB0 ?)
What does your program do?  How do you know what it is doing?  Blinking an LED? Communicating over a serial link to a terminal emulator?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-07-13 17:01:27

Purgator

Re: Arduino : Upload seems work but nothing happen

I hope you are not really trying to upload the source to the Arduino wink

Ahah nope but i'm not sure for the correct word about that. Maybe flashing ?

Anyway, i was working on it on a meeting with other people (yeah ofc, can't meet myself...), then i can't test right now cause i don't have the board at home but what i'm sure is :

When i plug the Arduino board to the laptop, a port appear (name was very probably /dev/USB0 as i remember)
My program was just turning on a led, as it work using Windows. I'm 100% sure that is working.

I plan to try with an other board (teensy) that i got at home but that may be an other issue...

Board footer