Moo-Crumpus

Re: TU problems

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#27 2006-05-16 22:42:33

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

I feel obligated to say something here so I will, and I'm not going back and forth on a quote war.

I spoke to Dusty recently about TU/Dev thing on the mailing list and gensplash issue here on the forums. For me it was venting -I had no intentions to plot a massive attack on dtw. Dusty, however, obviously felt more strongly about it then I did, hence this thread.
The reason I didn't come to you about my concerns the other day is because I feel its a lost cause. We've had several run-ins before in the past where I've voiced my disproval about your behavior; once on the open forum and at least once in moderator discussion. The end result is the same: nothing changes. But so as not to leave Dusty in the cold all alone, I will once more speak out.

My biggest problem with you is your pompus "stick up your ass and twist it" attitude towards others. Such as:

"I created package xyz for you people so you can stick it up your ass and twist it."

"I disaprove of what you are doing with my package in extra so you can stick it up your ass and twist it."

"I created these forums and if someone wants to moderate my arguement they can stick it up their ass, twisted it and then spinkle some sand on it."

"You don't like having a star? Stick up your ass and twist it."

etc., etc., etc.

Everyone has the right to disagree and argue, but your disagreements and arguements have a tendency to be accompanied by insults and demoralizations.

And we all apreciate your hardwork and contributions to this community but no one wants it shoved it in there face at every possible turn. If you are uncertain about this appreciation, we could set a poll and ask "do you appreciate dtw's contribuitions to arch" and I'm sure you would recieve the vast majority of votes if not 100%.

As far as the TU/Dev issue on the mailing list, I have opinions but its not my place to discuss them as I'm neither, so its none of my business.
TU's an elitist group? I must say I do feel that aura on the forums from some but certainly not all.

Am I a perfect angel? Certainly not, I will fully admit I've done and said some wrong things here but I try to watch myself and believe me I've been put in place many times.
I do not wish for dibble to resign as an admin nor a TU, as he is a great asset to this community, but more wish for an attitude change instead.

#28 2006-05-16 22:50:59

shadowhand
Website

This thread hasn't been deleted yet? Where are all the mods?! lol

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

#29 2006-05-16 22:51:49

arooaroo
Website

Man, I wish this was a private debate. I'm not exactly sure of what benefit this has on the public forums.

#30 2006-05-16 22:52:40

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

If I must, then I'll share what I had to say about his attitude.

http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur- … 02753.html

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#31 2006-05-16 23:31:05

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Penguin wrote:

"I created package xyz for you people so you can stick it up your ass and twist it."

Dunno about this one.

Penguin wrote:

"I disaprove of what you are doing with my package in extra so you can stick it up your ass and twist it."

Guilty - I acted entirely inappropriately and apologised.

Penguin wrote:

"I created these forums and if someone wants to moderate my arguement they can stick it up their ass, twisted it and then spinkle some sand on it."

Guilty, I said something to that effect - but the "who mods the mods" debate is a classic, take this thread for example.

Penguin wrote:

"You don't like having a star? Stick up your ass and twist it."

Guilty - but a nonetheless utterly misunderstood and intentional friendly jibe that went VERY wrong.

Penguin wrote:

I do not wish for dibble to resign as an admin nor a TU, as he is a great asset to this community, but more wish for an attitude change instead.

I appreciate that, Penguin.  I also appreciate the fact that everybody has been extremely reasonable and taken the time to tell me what they really think.  We could all use that sometimes and I think it is about time I heard it.  All of the issues that I have been naughty regarding, have been resolved, I think, except the star.

I had hoped that my reintroduction to the community after my sporadic absence would be marked by a new attitude and work ethic.  Alas, I have had my internet connection for exactly 9 days and those have marked the worst since I have been involved with this distro.  I have been bogged downin debate and arguement and barely done a bit of Arch "work".  I was proud of the star idea though...

However, my absence and reintroduction truely have made me realize what I have to offer Arch Linux and what I myself want from it.  I enjoy maintaining my pkgs and I hope other people enjoy them in return.  I enjoy maintaining the forums and I hope other people are able to enjoy them as a result.  However, most of all I like being part of a community but maybe that is a thing not meant to last.  We frequently see people disappear from the community for one reason or another and I think the time has well passed for me to take a big step back.

Thanks, all big_smile

#32 2006-05-16 23:36:21

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

excellent! Then let bye-gones be bye-gones, end of discussion smile

Locking

Board footer