You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-16 09:15:06

Hi-Angel

Compose key doesn't work.

I have it configured via KDE settings. It worked for some time, but then I changed IM from UIM to XIM (UIM caused problems), and it doesn't work anymore. Then I followed this wiki article, and executed `setxkbmap -option compose:rwin`, and now it works in Qt apps, but it still doesn't work in GTK ones.

In `/etc/profile` I have set variables:

export XMODIFIERS=@im=xim                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
export GTK_IM_MODULE="xim"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
export QT_IM_MODULE="xim"

#2 2016-07-16 11:11:37

Awebb

Re: Compose key doesn't work.

Archwiki: IBus -> Troubleshooting -> GTK+ applications

Try and report back, please.

#3 2016-07-16 13:09:13

Hi-Angel

Re: Compose key doesn't work.

Awebb wrote:

Archwiki: IBus -> Troubleshooting -> GTK+ applications

Try and report back, please.

Thank you. I tried to run Firefox like

GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE=/usr/lib/gtk-3.0/3.0.0/immodules.cache firefox

it changed nothing.

Actually, GTK apps are indeed see that file, I know it because I tried to debug an app like here, and managed to find that the test app at least reads from that file. Alas, I didn't manage to debug it any further because the new environment is so broken that it's barely usable, and Compose key is an important part of that. Another ones: empty windows in GVim and Chromium, not working Emacs, broken kwin shortcuts (can mostly be workarounded though). So, I installed Enlightement DE, and not going to continue debugging of the test app until I get good tiling and shortcuts here. But, of course, I'll try your advices if anyone has ones.

Board footer