You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-17 14:19:15

dockland

[SOLVED] xfce-terminal window @ center of screen

When ever i start a new terminal (xfce-terminal) it opens up kind of anywhere random on my monitor.
I'd like it to always open in the center of my desktop. And if i open another terminal i'd like it to be on top of the other, still in the center of my screen.
I do have "Window Manager Tweaks" set to "By default, place windows: "At the center of screen""
Is there a way to accomplish this?

E: Solved by setting proportions/size to 100*30 Now it always open in center.

Last edited by dockland (2016-07-21 18:47:35)

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

#2 2016-07-17 14:22:44

headkase

Re: [SOLVED] xfce-terminal window @ center of screen

Have you dragged the window size slider to "largest possible" on the same screen you choose "at center"?  Once you do that then all windows should open centered.

#3 2016-07-17 16:34:03

dockland

headkase wrote:

Have you dragged the window size slider to "largest possible" on the same screen you choose "at center"?  Once you do that then all windows should open centered.

Yes, indeed. My geometrics are 135*40, but regardless of manually configuring the size or positioning, it opens randomly all over the place. My monitor is a 32" 4K, if that matters. On my Gentoo computer (KDE Plasma) it work as i want, but that's another DE and terminal emulator.

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

#4 2016-07-17 16:40:51

headkase

If you've dragged the slider to the largest setting and it's still not working then I'm out of suggestions.  That worked for me.  And now I've even switched over to Compiz which also has a function to do the same which is what I'm using now.

#5 2016-07-17 21:26:47

Hydranix

Using xfce4-terminal and xfwm this is the exact thing my system does.

Always opens new terminals center of screen exactly on top of eachother.

I don't use any panels or desktops though. That could be what does it.

Board footer