You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-18 13:37:09

Loen

ArchIDE: A strange AUR helper [Searching for Java developer]

Hello, I recently created this project on Github named after ArchIDE.
I developed in a week the alpha version (0.2.1). At this stadium, ArchIDE can clone a package directory from AUR or create a new package, create .install files and possibly modify existing ones, build and install packages, remove unneeded files without accessing any terminal emulator and, last but not least, upload the packages you have created to AUR.
The main feature of this tool is that you can automatically do all the processes of package creation and upload without leaving an intuitive user interface.
If you want to try it, see this installation instructions.
To run it you  just need jre8-openjdk and gedit (the second is needed only the very first time, you can change your default editor in settings ).
Today I realised that, though this is a tool that could be really nice and helpful for the entire AUR community, it needs a lot of work and contribution to become really cool and user-friendly.
It would be nice if someone wanted to contribute to this small project with me, without time obligations or stuff like that. The only requirement is to know java 8.
Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by Loen (2016-07-19 17:20:32)

#2 2016-07-19 09:06:15

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: ArchIDE: A strange AUR helper [Searching for Java developer]

Loen, I am going to go ahead and move this thread to "Community Contributions" where it will get more visibility. Please update the thread title to reflect the purpose of the project.

Board footer