You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-19 16:04:31

yourself

Intel driver: last image shown switching VTs and resuming from suspend

I have the following problem. When my system suspends, I have configured it to lock the screen with xscreensaver. I have tried two methods:

xss-lock -- xscreensaver-command -lock

as well as directly specifying

xscreensaver-command -lock

in /etc/acpi/handler.sh (I use acpid for catching such events as lid close).

The problem is that most times when I resume I very briefly see what was on the screen before closing the lid and *then* the screen locks. In reality, what I think is happening is that the screen has already locked but the driver keeps the old buffer in view for a split second, immediately before showing the new one.

The same thing happens with VT switch: if I lock the screen from the terminal (Ctrl+Alt+F2, login and then xscreensaver-command -lock), when I return (Ctrl+Alt+F7), I see my desktop and *then* the screensaver.

The way I think this is driver-related is the following test. I open a terminal in X and type in the following script:

S=0; while true; do echo $S; sleep 1; S=$(($S+1)); done

Then at some number (say, 42), I Ctrl+Alt+F2, wait some time, and then back to Ctrl+Alt+F7. Again, I see the previous number for an instant (42), and then the screen updates with the updated numbers shown (lets say I waited 20 seconds, I also see all the numbers from 42 to 62)...

My setup is a vanilla Thinkpad T420  with intel HD3000, using the open source xorg driver for it.

The screensaver thing is really annoying but I can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Board footer