You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-19 20:50:31

Aginor

Migrating from Gnome to DWM with an encrypted home drive

I've decided to dump Gnome and switch to DWM, but my home drive is encrypted with ecryptfs. When I try to login now, it just redirects me back immediately to the login screen. I'm sure this has something to do with not automounting correctly. I setup my /etc/pam.d/system-auth file to match the wiki back when I used Gnome, so I'm not sure what other steps I need to take for DWM to unlock properly. Peeking into my pam.d directory, I see a lot of gnome specific things:

chage               gdm-fingerprint         groupmems    rlogin    su-l                    useradd
chfn                gdm-launch-environment  groupmod     rsh       system-auth             userdel
chgpasswd           gdm-password            login        screen    systemd-user            usermod
chpasswd            gdm-pin                 newusers     shadow    system-local-login      xdm
chsh                gdm-smartcard           other        sshd      system-login            xscreensaver
cups                groupadd                passwd       su        system-remote-login
gdm-autologin       groupdel                polkit-1     sudo      system-services

So I'm wondering if I missed a step that would generate similar functions for DWM. My login manager is now XDM

Board footer