You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-21 14:47:43

archkad

Keyboard input loop when moving cursor

Hello,

Often, if I press a key (or a key combination), while moving the cursor at the same time, the key is not released. Instead, the key is repeated indefinitely until I interrupt it with more input, i.e. I press any other key.
It does not happen always, but it's frequent enough to make my work a bit frustrating.

An example of the bug ensuing:

I move my cursor towards a terminal window. I start typing, e.g. I want to type "nano [file]" with my left hand. My right hand rests on the mouse. Involuntarily, as I type, my hand moves the mouse a milimeter or two. More often than not, I cannot type the full command, because one of the letters (the second "n" in "nano", let's say) will eventually keep spamming itself ceaselessly. Then, I have to press another key to terminate the loop, then I backspace everything and start over from the place where the frozen input took place.

I have ruled out the possibility that it could be an issue with hardware. I have used the same mouse and kb on MS Windows 7, Ubuntu, and Mint. This wasn't a problem on any of these systems.

It doesn't matter whether I use XFCE or i3, or anything else. The input loop still pesters me.

I do not think I have encountered this outside of X. At times, I would do some work prior to starting the X Server and there would be no keyboard input loops. Thus, it looks as if the combined input from mouse and kb spawns these loops.

My keyboard is Tesoro Excalibur, mouse is Razer Diamondback 3G. I'm running Arch Linux x86_64 on UEFI motherboard.

Any ideas?

Board footer