You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-24 19:03:29

Marcin

Skrooge missing icons

Hi everybody. I use XFCE with some KDE applications. One of them is Skrooge. The problem started about a month ago. It was just before my holidays. I am back to reality now, that is why I write this post with such a delay.

Skrooge uses Oxygen icons for finances. I do not like them as they are not quite homogeneous (every one is completely different). But they are practical. When starting Skrooge those icons are missing now. I have Faenza or Yltra Flat icons loaded instead. It means that most of them are just question marks.

I have been using Arch for almost one year now and still have to learn a lot. I think it must be a kind of icons cache where all those icons are stored. To sort my problem out I had to change my system icons for Oxygen for a moment and then change them again for either Faenza or Yltra Flat. This helped to have the Skrooge opening with almost all original icons restored. 

I think that Skrooge is supposed to load those icons automatically every time I start this software. Or maybe I am missing some KDE files (dependencies).

Any advice please?

#2 2016-07-26 02:31:19

dberg918

Re: Skrooge missing icons

I've been doing some of my own research on this, as I use a GNOME environment with Numix-Circle icons and have a similar issue. Even after changing the icon theme, the Numix-Circle icons were still showing up in the Pages dock, as well as other areas of the application. I discovered that if you delete the file ~/.cache/icon-cache.kcache, then change the icon theme to whatever you desire, then open Skrooge, the icon theme you chose would appear correctly.

If you close Skrooge, switch icon themes again, and reopen it without deleting the icon-cache file, the icons in the Pages dock will not change, but some of the icons in the toolbar will, as well as a few others. It seems that Skrooge caches some icons, but not others.

#3 2016-07-26 19:48:24

Marcin

Re: Skrooge missing icons

Thank you dberg918.

So there are at least two of us who look after finances using this software. There were many changes in Skrooge recently. There was even a moment I had to downgrade to older version to have this working at all. But now it is just icons strange behaviour every time icon-cache.kcache file is changed (I guess).

Board footer