You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-27 05:42:03

user123

Migrate arch linux from Dell Inspiron to Lenovo Ideapad 700

Hi, I just bought a new laptop, Lenovo Ideapad 700 with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD. Windows 10 is sitting on HDD. I have already rsynced the old arch linux from old laptop to this new Lenovo Laptop SSD.

However, I have few questions:

(a) I am still having dual-boot bootloader issue, but for now, I can boot into arch linux gui login manager using UEFI shell v1 and select the corresponding .efi file. Could anyone help me with this dual boot thing because I have been asking help in the IRC #archlinux channel, but still could not solve this issue.

(b) When I reach the gui login manager, I can login with my old password but after a while the gui login manager comes back again. This means I am forever in the gui login manager loop. Does this have to do with graphics hardware conflict in the new laptop ?  I suspect this because I can login with my old password successfully in tty2 environment.

(c) can I put linux SWAP and linux EFI partition on HDD instead of on SSD which is designated for Arch Linux filesystem ? and if that EFI HDD partition is empty and unused by Windows 10 ? Please have a look at my HDD and SSD partition configuration at http://imgur.com/a/GqLkv

Board footer