You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-27 16:34:43

GosuSan

[SOLVED] Can't locate autostart of application

Hey everyone!

I have conky starting automatically when I boot my system.
However, I'd like to be able to disable conky's autostart. But I can't find the location where it get's started.

I searched the following locations:

- KDE settings
- ~/.config/autostart
- ~/.bashrc
- ~/.bash_profile
- ~/.xinitrc
- /etc/xdg/autostart
- /usr/share/autostart
- /etc/profile(.d)

- No cron entries

- A conky service can not be found by systemctl

So what is left? I do have KDE installed, before this I had XFCE4, but that should be removed completely.
Maybe I should do a grep over the whole drive to find the autostart-location? Would that hurt my SSD?
Or is it possible to identify the autostart-location by the running process itself?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I did read https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/autostarting and that resulted in above search locations. I hope I didn't miss something, there are quite a few autostart location ^^

Last edited by GosuSan (2016-07-29 06:04:32)

#2 2016-07-27 16:39:41

Awebb

Re: [SOLVED] Can't locate autostart of application

It should be enough to grep over the dotfiles in $HOME and $HOME/.config, but that's what I would do right now.

One chance might be a process monitor with a tree view like htop. With some luck you might be able to find the culprit.

#3 2016-07-27 16:52:11

GosuSan

Indeed, the culprit was "~/.config/ksmserverrc" wich seems to be some kind of memory for opened programs that will be started in a new session too.
I deleted it and conky is gone. Now I guess I'll have a look where to disable the above behavior.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by GosuSan (2016-07-27 16:52:27)

#4 2016-07-27 16:56:48

ewaller
Administrator

Please edit your first post, edit the thread title, and prepend [SOLVED]

Thanks

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2016-07-27 17:23:01

arojas
Developer

GosuSan wrote:

Indeed, the culprit was "~/.config/ksmserverrc" wich seems to be some kind of memory for opened programs that will be started in a new session too.
I deleted it and conky is gone. Now I guess I'll have a look where to disable the above behavior.

systemsettings -> startup & shutdown -> desktop session -> start with an empty session

#6 2016-07-29 06:04:15

GosuSan

arojas wrote:
GosuSan wrote:

systemsettings -> startup & shutdown -> desktop session -> start with an empty session

Thanks, this worked fine. Finally I have the control over what my PC starts smile

ewaller wrote:

Please edit your first post, edit the thread title, and prepend [SOLVED]

Thanks

Done!

#7 2016-07-30 12:00:14

Awebb

Oh yes, how could I forget that! Whoever found this a bright default should suffer a variety of mild unpleasantries.

Board footer