You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-29 12:44:06

hybrid

fluxbox keyboard sporadically not working

Hi,
every once in a while applications will stop to react to keyboard input. I then click on any other program (like a terminal), press a few random keys (they will then be recognized), bring the focus back to the program I was using before and continue whatever I was doing.
I have no idea what might cause this behaviour and so I have no idea where to begin investigating this.
I'm using fluxbox on xorg, I've expierienced this with about every application (firefox, chromium, kaffeine, rxvt-unicode-patched from aur, thunderbird, ...). My keyboard is corded and connected through usb.
The issue occurs occasionally, I don't know what triggers it, I can't force it to happen. I didn't see anything in in the logs (xorg, everything.log and dmesg) when this issue occurs.
It has been like this for a very long time (that's why I didn't include program version numbers earlier), a few years maybe. Since it happens only occasionally, I don't know where to start and since there is this easy workaround (change focus, type, change focus back) I didn't yet bother to figure this out, hoping it would "fix itself" with new versions. But it still persists and it's annoying.
I hope you can help me figure this out. Let me know what further information you need.

Board footer