You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-30 19:38:16

3l_Di4bl0

Microphone not working after Arch install?

Hi! Yesterday I installed arch in addition to my current W10. Booted there and found out the microphone isn't working and the audio is set up in stereo mode although I am connected in 5.1 mode to my mobo. Tried for a few hours to solve it with some people in the IRC channel with no avail. I just booted into windows for the first time since, and I found out my mic isn't working in it either, and two of my surround channels (back right and back left) are played in the back right.
Is it possible Arch caused this? That seems too much for it to be a coincidence.
Edit: Maybe this can shed some light, in windows I have a "What U Hear" input device (it installed with the soundcard drivers) that mirrors the output. It works as intended.

Last edited by 3l_Di4bl0 (2016-07-30 20:25:16)

#2 2016-07-30 19:52:58

headkase

Re: Microphone not working after Arch install?

A "Killer Poke" is always a possibility.  I would first of all try to reestablish the functionality in Windows and then try Arch again.

#3 2016-07-30 20:24:49

3l_Di4bl0

headkase wrote:

A "Killer Poke" is always a possibility.  I would first of all try to reestablish the functionality in Windows and then try Arch again.

I'd love to do that, if you have a suggestion tell me.
Maybe this can shed some light, in windows I have a "What U Hear" input device (it installed with the soundcard drivers) that mirrors the output. It does work.

#4 2016-08-03 11:41:40

Krogash86
Website

Have you checked in the BIOS ?

#5 2016-08-03 14:14:02

ewaller
Administrator

3l_Di4bl0 wrote:

Is it possible Arch caused this? That seems too much for it to be a coincidence.

I doubt there is any permanent damage.  It may be in a strange state however.   It is possible that the Windows driver assumes that the device is in its default "Hard Reset" state.  If Arch set a register in the device, and then you rebooted the system into Windows without powering down, then the chipset would not be in its default state.   I suggest you try Windows again, but from a cold start.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer