You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-07 01:40:39

Jefferson

Can't type a certain key with a xorg keymap

Hello, it's my first post here.

I've already installed Arch, and now i'm trying to install and configure i3. To do that, I installed xorg packages and xterm to be my terminal emulator. It was a lot of work so far, as this is the first time i'm trying to install Arch, but I already expected that.
So, everything was right, but the xorg keymap was wrong. To fix this, I used this command as root user:

#localectl set-x11-keymap br abnt2

So I entered in my i3 environment and opened xterm again. My keyboard was working just fine: all the special characters and everything... except for the 'd' key. I could write uppercase 'd' using shift+d or just hitting 'd' key with caps lock on, but when I tried to write lowercase 'd', nothing happened. It's not a physical problem since I still could write 'd' normally at Arch terminal, outside i3, and I can do this both in my Ubuntu and Windows installation. Then, I tried do run this:

#localectl --no-convert set-x11-keymap br abnt2

And it just got worse. It messed with Arch's system keymap as well, giving it the same problem I had with xterm in i3. I came to the conclusion that this is a xorg problem since it changed some things with localctl keymaps. Before, I could configure my keyboard using the br_abnt2 keymap, but now, the keymap list only shows br-abnt2. Also, the 'd' key wasn't working with the default english keymap as well. So, how can I solve this problem? I couldn't find anything about this anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jefferson (2016-08-07 01:42:12)

Board footer