You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-18 16:59:37

funkyou
Website

amaroK 1.4 with moodbar support...

Just upgraded to amaroK 1.4 and its running fine here smile

The only thing i have noticed is that the moodbar is not enabled in the version from the repos because of missing exscalibar... Moodbar shows the "mood" of your music by colorful and configurable sliders, its a nice feature i think...

This is how moodbar looks like (look at the playlist and slider):
amarok-shot.jpg

If you want to recompile amarok with moodbar support, just grab the exscalibar PKGBUILD (thx to snowman again) from AUR and recompile amarok with this PKGBUILD...

I have noticed the package maintainer about this, maybe he will include this in one of the next package versions, at least i hope so...

Greetings

Funkyou

-EDIT- Beware, this has some stability issues and amaroK uses more of your CPU-power to scan your music. I also had one OGG track until now where the moodbar-subprozess seemed to hang and amaroK raised its CPU-consumption up to 99%. Because of these issues and in arrangement with the package maintainer i will not upload the package to AUR, maybe this will happen later when its running more stable... If you want to test and play with it, you can download the PKGBUILD from this post here, but do not complain if it behaves unexpected...

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#2 2006-05-21 19:40:19

pressh
Developer/TU

Re: amaroK 1.4 with moodbar support...

A quick look at the configure file of amarok, I guess pkgconfig searches for a .pc file of exscalibar. Easiest way would be to adopt the configure file I guess.

#3 2006-05-23 07:00:23

funkyou
Website

A "pacman -S pkgconfig" should solve the problem easily...

#4 2006-05-29 20:00:55

Susu
Website

Same problem here...

Album reviews (in german): http://schallwelle.filzo.de

#5 2006-05-30 20:32:26

funkyou
Website

I have uploaded a new exscalibar-PKGBUILD to AUR. Please try this one... Maybe you have some missing (but not critical) dependencies and these may not be required for exscalibar itself, but maybe for some functionality in exscalibar which amarok needs to have...

Also check carefully the first messages of the exscalibar build-process. The message that GIT ist not installed can be safely ignored, but all the other libs should be installed...

I have tried it again here and it works, even with the old PKGBUILD of exscalibar...

#6 2006-05-30 20:49:32

shamrok

I've compiled amarok myself and used excalibur package from Aur. Building mood database for several GB of mp3 took quite a lot of time and 100% cpu, but after whole building amarok still used 100% cpu nearly all the time, switching moodbar off helped. Anyone had this problem?

p.s I just noticed information about high cpu usage in first post wink sorry

Board footer