You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-15 15:33:49

icabero0225

Pacstrap error: failed retrieving file

Before you all get mad at me, yes I do realize that many other people have had this problem. Yes, I have viewed their posts. Yes, I have tried their solutions, but nothing seems to work.

Basically, I have just gotten arch installed, I created my home and boot files, mounted my partitions, etc.

When I try to run pacstrap /mnt base base-devel, I get this error message

error: failed retrieving file [core.db/extra.db/community.db] from [mirror url] : Could not resolve host [mirror url]
error: failed to update [core.db/extra.db/community.db] (download library error)

This repeats for every url in my mirrorlist file.

Any ideas? If you have any questions about anything just ask and I'll answer.

Thanks,

Ignacio Cabero

#2 2016-08-15 15:40:31

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: Pacstrap error: failed retrieving file

Sounds like either your mirror list is bad or you aren't connected to the internet.

#3 2016-08-15 17:14:36

dockland

Might be a firewall/proxy setting if you are in a school or work environment, or, as stated a internet connection failure.  Can you ping google.com?

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

#4 2016-08-15 17:45:16

prometheus069

dockland wrote:

Might be a firewall/proxy setting if you are in a school or work environment, or, as stated a internet connection failure.  Can you ping google.com?

in addition to dockland:
if you cant ping out of your local net, make sure your dhcp lease is still active.

sad){ neutral:& };:
lol these smileys nowadays...

Board footer