You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-19 13:32:59

peque

Linuxklient into an Active Directtory!!!

Have anybody tried to get an workstation to get along with an Windows Active directory ?

I have got a server to do it - but can't get my workstation to do it ??

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2006-05-19 15:44:38

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Linuxklient into an Active Directtory!!!

Define "get along".

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2006-05-19 17:38:07

peque

I want to make it work, so the user per can log in to domain no matter if its linux or XP. I got the fileserver(linux) to accept the rules about the domain. But as it is now - I can't log in using the linux client as a member of the domain. I wrote this wiki about my journey along with the server(Taken from Gentoo) And that one works great ! http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arc … ows_domain

The reason - I got the permission for my fileserver and for my printers from AD - but am not able to use those.... If its possible I want to log in to kde as the domain member!

#4 2006-05-19 18:35:06

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#5 2006-05-21 05:42:24

peque

Itś working great - I can do the kinit and it turns out OK.

But after restart none of the users is there . I'm not able to use the printers in the windows domain. So ...
When U%¤P do a wbinfo -u - I get the message that wb couldn't lookup the domain.

But everything is as it is on my server that works ?

Board footer