You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-20 15:10:42

archqt

[lxqt] How to add icons to launch applications on Desktop ?

Hi,
as i have problems with KDE i m trying lxqt but i have some problems. I wanna put ICON on Desktop to launch applications but it doesn't work.
I use DRAG on DROP from Launcher Menu then i released mouse on DeskTop. It asked for Copy/Move/Create Symbolic link.
I tried all of them, then it opens and a Dialog Box opens to Copy....and nothing happened. It said it can't copy so "No Icons on Desktop".
Sincerely

#2 2016-08-20 15:29:58

nbvcxz

Re: [lxqt] How to add icons to launch applications on Desktop ?

• If you are using lxqt-git just drag'n'drop icon from Menu (Start menu -> selected application) to desktop; then select Copy and it should appear on desktop

• In "stable" lxqt from community repo, something seems to be screwed up broken (just checked - it tries to copy / dir to desktop); so in this case the simply way is just to copy the appropriate .desktop file from /usr/share/applications to ~/Desktop (or wherever is your desktop dir)

Lenovo G50 | LXQT-git | compton | conky

#3 2016-08-20 16:14:25

archqt

Re: [lxqt] How to add icons to launch applications on Desktop ?

nbvcxz wrote:
  • If you are using lxqt-git just drag'n'drop icon from Menu (Start menu -> selected application) to desktop; then select Copy and it should appear on desktop

• In "stable" lxqt from community repo, something seems to be screwed up broken (just checked - it tries to copy / dir to desktop); so in this case the simply way is just to copy the appropriate .desktop file from /usr/share/applications to ~/Desktop (or wherever is your desktop dir)

i will try that.
Thanks

Board footer