You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-23 12:57:25

hashworks
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Thunderbird 45.2.0 refuses to accept Let's Encrypt certificate

I have a dovecot IMAP server running on hashworks.net. For a long time I've been using StartSSL certificates and everything was fine, lately I tried to switch to Let's Encrypt.

However, when I use a Let's Encrypt certificate Thunderbird refuses to connect to the server. When I switch back to StartSSL it works again. According to SSL tools everything is fine (if you check out the ssl-tools.net link, don't reload the results, I'm using a StartSSL cert for now).

Other clients also have no problem connecting. I tried Evolution and Balsa on Arch and K9 on Android as well as the openssl s_client.

Here is the dovecot ssl verbosity output and the doveconf ssl output. I also got some logs from Thunderbird.

I talked to other Let's Encrypt users and Thunderbird seems to work for them. I talked to dovecot and Thunderbird people and there seems to be nothing wrong with my server or Thunderbird configuration. Thunderbird trusts LE Authority X3 and the DST Root CA X3.

Any idea? I feel like I should make a bug report @mozilla.org, but as I said it works for everyone I talked to.
EDIT: I did https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1297636

Last edited by hashworks (2016-08-24 09:02:52)

Board footer