You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-02 23:59:33

Malvineous
Website

Latest VirtualBox under AwesomeWM won't respect window size

Is anyone running VirtualBox under AwesomeWM?  After the latest upgrade (5.1.4-1), it no longer respects the window size allocated to it by Awesome, so even though I have set my window layout to be a single window that covers the whole screen, the guest VM only occupies the upper half of the window, with the bottom half just showing whatever random content happened to be there before.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  It almost looks as if VB is getting the height of one my other (smaller) monitors and using that value on the larger screen.

It's not a problem with the guest additions because even the guest BIOS boot screen now appears in the upper-left in a tiny window, instead of being in the middle of a large full-screen window.

#2 2016-10-17 12:34:46

dante4d

Re: Latest VirtualBox under AwesomeWM won't respect window size

I use AwesomeWM and VBox. I had the same problem recently (about a month ago). I wanted to have a maximized VBox window with Windows 10, but the guest would not resize properly. I got it to resize properly after several attempts to resize and maximize it. That was with version 5.1.4. I since -Syu'd to 5.1.6 and I noticed the problem disappeared. I tried randomly resizing the VBox window with Win10 guest and it adjusts the guest display size accordingly.

So for me, this problem was solved with the upgrade to 5.1.6 (both VBox and guest additions).

Board footer