You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-14 16:37:27

svnset

[SOLVED] Xfce4 Panel Plugins strange behaviour

Hello,

I experience lately a strange behaviour of 2 basic plugins I have to use:
-xfce4-power-manager-plugin
-xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin

Both plugins create immense cpu leak up to 40% on my skylake cpu and my thinkpad gets pretty warm which it normally only does if I compile the hell out of it.

I guess it has something to do with the panel. Those two use the panel wrapper 2.0, the other panel plugins use 1.0 and work fine.
The issue is fixed when i choose a panel background instead of just a color or the system preferences, which makes the issue only weirder... The ram usage is still a little too high but the cpu leak is completly gone.
When i start the panel in debug mode I do not get any errors..

Is anyone else experiencing the same behaviour? Also does anyone know if there is already a commit which could've fixed the issue but is not released yet?

Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Edit: marking issue as solved. Cannot reproduce bug on other cpus than skylake, also the issue is panel related, so it can be further discussed in the reported bug: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12855
I noticed someone else has the same issue in the package comments, so if someone is looking for a workaround I sum up what I got so far to stop the cpu leak:
-changing panel options to background image
-changing panel options to personal color and modify transperency
-removing the mentioned plugins from the panel

Last edited by svnset (2016-09-16 13:07:29)

After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes,
it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art. - Chopin

Board footer