You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-17 21:00:17

fasolt

Interpolation with mpv - ?not working

Hi all,

I'm wanting to test out increasing the FPS of a video on the fly through interpolation with mpv, and having followed suggestions in this Reddit thread and this Arch forum post, I've ended up with this command:

mpv -vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:tscale=oversample --video-sync=display-resample --display-fps=60 my_video_file.mp4

I haven't run into any error messages from this command (having also tried it with plain OpenGL, as well as a few different filters including triangle, gaussian and mitchell, or with no tscale setting at all), but I believe that it hasn't had any effect. Visually I can't notice a difference, even when I play the same file simultaneously in another instance of mpv without any interpolation settings; also, "top" doesn't report any additional strain on the CPU when running with these interpolation settings compared to without, and I understand that it should put at least some strain on the CPU. One problem with checking whether it's working is not being able to know the playback FPS; adding "--msg-level=vd=v" only gives the actual file's FPS, and adding "--playing-msg='${fps}'" just displays the unaltered FPS, which leads me to believe I'm missing something.

Is there something wrong with the command I've given above? If possible, I'd like to get this working without resorting to additional software like Vapoursynth, as I understand that it should be doable with vanilla mpv. Thanks for your help!

Board footer