You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-19 00:36:09

Vash63

Nautilus does not show SMB shares after upgrade to Samba 4.5.0

Sometime last week after the update for Samba, smbclient and libwbclient to 4.5.0-2 I am no longer able to browse or mount smb mounts through Nautilus.  I stopped updating my system a few days ago to prevent mismatched packages, and have confirmed that downgrading the three above packages to their previous 4.4.5 releases fixes the issue.

Maybe there is a setting change somewhere in the new release? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong as I've searched online and I'm not seeing any other reports of this issue. The Dolphin file manager still works as a reference point so it definitely seems to be something between smbclient and gvfs.

Sep 16 07:15:18 vashnix org.gnome.Nautilus[815]: ** (nautilus:2345): WARNING **: Failed to fetch network locations: Timeout was reached

That's the only error I'm seeing in my journal when this happens.

#2 2016-09-19 00:54:08

basica

Re: Nautilus does not show SMB shares after upgrade to Samba 4.5.0

I'm not sure if it's related, but there was an issue with tevent and samba last week. Here's a thread about it. Have you done any updates since then?

#3 2016-09-19 01:59:33

Vash63

Yes, I was more up to date than that. I've found a workaround by using Avahi, which I didn't have installed before, to locate hosts. This will work for me as I was thinking about switching over anyway. It's still weird that my setup was working before and only broke after updating to samba 4.5.0. I'm honestly not sure how Nautilus was handling network discovery as I did not have 'wins' in my nsswitch.conf.

This was probably an issue with libwbclient then, not smbclient.

#4 2016-09-25 19:02:47

WFV

The problem might be related to the dbus update (dbus > 1.10.8) when dbus replaced libdbus.

gvfsd[794]: ** (gvfsd:794): WARNING **: dbus_mount_reply: Error from org.gtk.vfs.Mountable.mount(): Timeout was reached

I'm getting these timeouts in Thunar trying to access samba shares from my Arch machine via DNS or IP. Arch is set up as standalone server, preferred master. The dbus change seems to negatively impact a several different apps now; samba, thunar, mousepad, etherape, including a resurgence of segfault core-dumps in thunar.

∞ hard times make the strong, the strong make good times, good times make the weak, the weak make hard times ∞

#5 2016-12-10 17:52:14

Webbeh

Hi, sorry to necrobump.

Same error as @WFV here, in thunar with samba shares.

See : https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=220380

Didn't try to downgrade DBUS. Is there any update on the matter ?

Board footer