You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-20 13:27:07

baronmax

Browser Benchmarks 9-2016

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … DAw4BpRLo8

Some browser benchmarks that I thought some of you might be interested in.  The tests were done on Arch, Linux Mint and Windows 10.  You can re-order the lists by browser title, OS/distro or score.  The links to the tests are listed above each test, if you'd like to perform them on your own computer.  The scores of "0.00" means that the browser was unable to complete the test.  The scores listed were an average of 3 runs of the benchmark.  No other applications were open at the time of testing, other than background applications, which used very little, if any CPU time.

If anyone else wants to do the tests, I'd be interested to see if your results match up with mine.   

Additional Comments:  The Brave browser really surprised me in some of the test results.  In the graphical tests, particularly, because it was the only browser that used more than 1 CPU core (it used 3-4 of 12 total cores).  This is reflected in the scores for the MotionMark Benchmark (not sure why it was slower on Windows 10).  Brave did use SIGNIFICANTLY more memory than the other browsers, for some reason, but it also "felt" (subjective) the fastest in general web browsing, followed by Chrome and Firefox (this is reflected in the "Speedometer" benchmark).  Firefox did very poorly in the Speedometer Benchmark, on all platforms.  I would be interested to know if others experienced the same slowdown on that test. 

My computer's stats:
CPU:  Intel Core i7 980x
RAM:  24gb DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
Drive:  Sandisk Extreme 240gb
GPU 1:  Nvidia GTX 1070
GPU 2:  Nvidia GTX 960 (not used for testing)
Monitor Resolution:  2560x1440
All operating systems had been updated to their most current as of 18 September 2016.  Mint 18 was used for the Mint tests.
Kernel Mint:  Liquorix 4.7.x
Kernel Arch:  Linux-ck 4.7.x
Nvidia Drivers:  370.28
WM Mint:  Cinnamon
WM Arch:  Cinnamon

Intel 980x| 24GB RAM| Arch + Cinnamon/i3
Intel 2600K| 8GB RAM| Arch + Awesome/XFCE
Intel Q740| 6GB RAM| Arch + XFCE/Cinnamon
AMD Phenom x6 1090T| Ubuntu/Winblowz (gaming)

Board footer