You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-20 14:05:35

phunni

My Android phone is no longer recognised by ADB

I do android dev and I recently tried to install an app on my phone via ADB.  Usually, when I plug in my phone (LG G3 running stock - not rooted), I get asked if I want to allow debugging access from the computer.

For some reason I am no longer asked this and my device does not show up under "adb devices".

I do have developer options enabled on the device and USB debugging is enabled under the developer options. 

I've tried connecting via both the command line and my IDE (intellij idea)

I'm not sure what I could've done to cause this - any ideas as to what I could try?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2016-09-20 14:11:51

ewaller
Administrator

Re: My Android phone is no longer recognised by ADB

Just a hunch.  Check the output of uname -a and of pacman -Q linux  (assuming you are running the stock kernel; if not, use the package name of your kernel)
Do the versions match?

If so, attach the phone and look at the end of your journal ( journalctl -b ) and see if there is any information about a usb device being attached and any subsequent relevant messages.

Edit:  If not, that is your problem...

Last edited by ewaller (2016-09-20 14:12:17)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-09-20 20:52:18

drcouzelis
Website

Re: My Android phone is no longer recognised by ADB

Did you update the Arch Linux kernel and forget to reboot?

What HAVE you changed recently? Both on the phone and on your computer.

But my guess? BAD USB CABLE / loose connection. big_smile

Board footer