You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-24 12:01:42

trans

Partitioning Fails for Install

Just FYI. To install I ended up having to do it manually via Ubuntu. The installer would not allow me to assign mount points. BTW, Ever considered using Anaconda?

#2 2006-05-24 15:43:16

murffatksig

Re: Partitioning Fails for Install

trans wrote:

Just FYI. To install I ended up having to do it manually via Ubuntu. The installer would not allow me to assign mount points.

What exactly were your problems?

trans wrote:

BTW, Ever considered using Anaconda?

I'm pretty sure most arch users would frown upon using anaconda.  Personally, i like the simplicity of the current installer.  In 15 minutes im up and working then its up to me what gets installed.  Maybe eventually someone will develp a prettier version of the Arch installer, but I don't think we'll see anaconda on the Arch install disc.

"Oh, they have the internet on computers now."

#3 2006-05-24 22:23:45

twiistedkaos

Re: Partitioning Fails for Install

Choosing "Auto-Configure" is a better choice when using the Arch installer unless you know how to use it's partitioning tool well. As for using anaconda? That's not what arch is about, arch is about simplicity. If you want all the gui-frontend tools something let Fedora because Archlinux doesn't come with them, it's all about manual editing for archlinux wink Which is great, lets you learn about your system and linux, instead of being a robot who "point's and clicks" everything wink

Board footer