You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-04 00:55:19

lapisangularis

[SOLVED] Mouse strange behavior and lags after system update

Hello,

I've got some issues with my mouse (and touchpad also) in Steam games. Recently, I've updated my Arch, some major updates, kernel, etc. Today, I've noticed that after 5 minutes playing Bioshock: Infinite, my mouse started running only in X-Y axis, and very often It's just freezing in upper-left corner. In my DE (gnome) everything is ok. I've also noticed, that few packages related to inputs were updated (xf86-input-libinput, xf86-input-evdev, kernel from 4.7.5 to 4.7.6), so I downgraded them, and still nothing. The issue appears in every game I have on steam.

I have to say, that I had that problem before (3-4 years?) with Morrowind under wine, but It was some time ago, and I don't even remember if the problem was solved or not.

Also, I've got nvidia 370xx drivers with bumblebee. Just few days ago everything worked great.

Anyone have some ideas?

Last edited by lapisangularis (2016-10-05 19:01:25)

#2 2016-10-04 22:25:50

lapisangularis

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse strange behavior and lags after system update

Ok, I've found the solution!

I've relised, that the whole GNOME was updated (3.20 -> 3.22). I don't know why, but Wayland was enabled by default in gdm config (It should be X - it changed without any question!).

Pretty weird.

#3 2016-10-05 14:28:50

JohnBobSmith

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse strange behavior and lags after system update

Please remember to mark your post as solved by editing the original post and appending [SOLVED] to the title.

Welcome to the forums!

I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder. As it turns out, what I thought was my greatest weakness is now my greatest strength.

Everyday, I make a conscious choice to overcome my challenges and my problems. It's not easy, but its better than the alternative...

Board footer