You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-09 23:36:02

Salkay

Request: make it easier to report spam and abuse in the comments

This package was recently spammed. I searched for a way to flag these posts for deletion, and/or ban the user, but there was no easy link I could click. This thread mentione spam in this package's comments, which is even worse. The poster was advised to join a mailing list, and request deletion of these comments there. However, this was never done, presumably because it was too fiddly. Similarly, I'm disinclined to join a mailing list just to report a few spam messages on my package. (I'd bother if it were worse.)

It would be great if there were a way to easily report spam and abusive accounts, similarly to the simple way one can flag packages. The second package has spam going back to 1.5 years ago. Any way in which the AUR could make fighting spam more easy would be welcome IMO.

#2 2016-10-09 23:47:22

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: Request: make it easier to report spam and abuse in the comments

This is probably best discussed on the aur-dev mailing list, where, appropriately, AUR development occurs. smile

The forums are mostly frequented by fellow users, not Arch Developers.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#3 2016-10-10 05:49:55

x33a
Forum Fellow

Another option is to open a feature request on https://bugs.archlinux.org/ for the AUR web interface component.

#4 2016-10-10 23:19:04

Salkay

Thanks to you both. I opened a feature request, so I can avoid the mailing list!

Board footer