You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-12 09:32:48

wwed

"No Signal" on Monitor

Hi,
i have arch running on my homeserver for a while. After upgrading the kernel from 4.1 to 4.5 the monitor start to showing me "No Signal" after booting the kernel. I did not care, because i need the monitor only to enter a password.
Right now i am setting up a second homeserver with the same hardware and i am getting the same "No Signal" after right after choosing "Boot Arch linux (x86_64)". I am booting from an USB-stick and created it with Lili from the iso archlinux-2016.10.01-dual.iso.
I get an image when using nomodeset, but i would like to run Kodi and Steam on the second server and they don't run smooth with nomodeset.

I installed the GeForce GTX 645 OEM on the first homeserver to be able to get the following informations:

$ lspci -k | grep -A 2 -E "(VGA|3D)"
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 0402
        Kernel driver in use: i915
--
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK106 [GeForce GTX 645 OEM] (rev a1)
        Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1029
        Kernel driver in use: nouveau

dmesg http://pastebin.com/Nmknw1Cr

Can anyone please help me solving this problem?

#2 2016-10-12 13:15:20

Lone_Wolf

Re: "No Signal" on Monitor

configure intel microcode updates , https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Microcode

If that doesn't solve the problem, there have been plenty of problem reports with kernel 4.5+ and intel integrated video.
Try  booting with linux-lts .

Note : linux & linux-lts can happily coexist on the same system , check your bootloader manual/wikipage how to set that up.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer