You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-14 13:14:07

Syslu

Cairo-dock

Hi all!

I installed Arch on my Desktop about half a year ago, and I was really pleased with it!
I thus decided to install it on the laptop that I just bought, a lenovo 510s-14isk .
The graphic card is Intel Graphics HD 520.

I am here beacause at first, everything seemed okay, for like 1 week. I installed gnome as a desktop environment, and cairo-dock for... the dock.

However, without doing anything, cairo-dock stopped working.
What I mean is I can launch it, but the dock does not appear. Well, I can see google-chrome's icon on the top left of my screen, but not even fully.

I tried to desinstall it and reinstall it many times, though pacman and through yaourt, but nothing seems to work.
I also tried plank, but I can't launch it either.

Here is what I get when I try to launch it with the terminal

[nicolas@ArchLaptop ~]$ cairo-dock
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/implementations/cairo-dock-egl.c:gldi_register_egl_backend:232)  
  Cairo-Dock was not built with EGL support

============================================================================
        Cairo-Dock version : 3.4.1
        Compiled date      : May 18 2015 12:32:11
        Built with GTK     : 3.16
        Running with OpenGL: 0
 ============================================================================

warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-utils.c:cairo_dock_launch_command_sync_with_stderr:260)  
  Aucune valeur définie pour « /desktop/gnome/interface/font_name »

(cairo-dock:12030): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:1467: The :insensitive pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :disabled instead.

(cairo-dock:12030): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:3649: The :inconsistent pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :indeterminate instead.
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-keybinder.c:init_object:358)  
  Couldn't bind '<Super>L' (Se déconnecter: Verrouiller l'écran)
 This shortkey is probably already used by another applet or another application
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-keybinder.c:init_object:358)  
  Couldn't bind '<Control>F12' (Se déconnecter: Afficher le menu de déconnexion)
  Couldn't bind '<Control>F1' (Menu d'Applications: Afficher/cacher le menu des applications)
  Couldn't bind '<Control>F2' (Menu d'Applications: Afficher/cacher la fenêtre de lancement rapide)
  Couldn't bind '<Super>Return' (Contrôle depuis le clavier: Activer / Désactiver le contrôle du dock par le clavier)
  Couldn't bind '<Control>F6' (Navigateur rapide: Afficher/cacher le menu de navigation rapide)
  Couldn't bind '<Shift><Ctrl>F4' (Afficher le Bureau: Exposé de tous les bureaux)

Do you have any idea of what I may have to do? I already looked everywhere, but nobody seems to have the same issue as I.

thanks in advance!

#2 2016-10-14 13:22:47

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: Cairo-dock

I suspect you are using the gnome wayland session rather than X. Is this the case? Does cairo-dock work if you log into a gnome session on X?

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#3 2016-10-14 13:57:34

Syslu

I think I am using Wayland, yes.
I will try on X

Last edited by Syslu (2016-10-14 14:41:09)

#4 2016-10-14 14:43:51

Syslu

I tried on X, and it works! Do you have an idea of how I could make it work on Wayland?

#5 2016-10-14 15:36:24

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Unfortunately I'm well out of my element here -- I don't use gnome, cairo-dock or wayland. That said, it looks like cairo-dock simply isn't compiled with support for wayland. Whether this is because the wayland support doesn't exist, isn't complete yet, or the package maintainer simply didn't want to enable it for some reason (e.g. would bring in a huge amount of dependencies for very little benefit) I can't say. You will need to research and find out yourself what the situation is.

If all you need to do is recompile the package, then it's probably not a bad idea to open a feature request on the bug tracker asking for the package to be rebuilt with wayland support.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#6 2016-10-14 17:35:45

Syslu

I don't think cairo-dock doesn't work with wayland, my desktop is also run on wayland, and it works like a charm.
Well, when I launch it like an app and not from the terminal, otherwise I get the same message.
So I don't have any idea, as it worked at first, for about a week, and From one day to another, it stopped working.
I will try to post an image of what I get when I use it

but thank you anyway wink

Last edited by Syslu (2016-10-14 17:36:04)

#7 2016-10-15 08:42:58

Burlesqueballer
Website

Lol took me couple hours of searching through the settings to try and find a start cairo at boot. Then of coarse it is in Arch settings, not cairo-doc. Doh!

Board footer