You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-15 05:55:18

YourFavoriteDeity

Systemd-boot disappeared after rebooting

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong board for this issue.

I've been running Arch with no issues since the beginning of the month, except for this. This morning, while browsing the internet, Chrome crashed seemingly at random, followed in sequence by the other two windows I had open, Discord and Steam. As I wasn't able to open a terminal or anything else, I shut down my system, and upon rebooting, my laptop immediately booted to BIOS and upon checking the boot order seemed to find no EFI entries at all. After rebooting the laptop a few more times (with no change) and running a few errands, I returned and rebooted my laptop to find that while it had the other three entries it was supposed to have, my Windows install and two failed rEFInd and Grub installs that I have yet to clean, there was no Systemd-boot.

I'm pretty lost here; where do I even start? I'm preparing an ubuntu live usb right now to check that the filesystem at least is intact (EDIT: It is), and I'll update with the results of that, but how can I fix this?

Last edited by YourFavoriteDeity (2016-10-15 06:32:05)

#2 2016-10-15 12:24:44

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Systemd-boot disappeared after rebooting

YourFavoriteDeity wrote:

how can I fix this?

Load up the Arch live ISO image, mount all of your partitions, use `arch-chroot` then run:

# bootctl update

FWIW, it sounds like your motherboard firmware ("BIOS") is buggy.

Board footer