You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-15 09:03:39

Altguard

Connecting a Yiynova tablet monitor causing programs to SegFault

Log files/dmesg and whatnot are pastebin-linked at the end to keep things relatively organized.

Hello, all. I apologize in advance if I missed some crucial info, or if this is the wrong place to ask - for my 8 months of using Arch, google and the arch wiki have slayed all of my problems, so this is my first time attempting to reach out to others properly.

I've received my Yiynova MVP22U today and attempted to get it up and running in Arch with very mixed results. On the one hand, the pen and pressure sensitivity worked straight out of the box (Though it needs to be calibrated). On the other hand, a lot of programs (Chromium, Mirage, GIMP, Leafpad and more) won't open and throw "Segmentation fault (Core dumped)" when I attempt to open them  through a terminal, and simply fail to open with no output at all if launched via a desktop icon/shortcut, with the Yiynova connected through both DVI (monitor output) and usb (pen input). coredumpctl for some of the programs is linked at the end.

With the Yiynova connected only through DVI (basically functioning as a 2nd monitor with no pen input), everything opens just fine and there aren't any issues. Once I connect the usb cable though, the affected programs won't open anymore and throw the same SegFault error when run from a terminal, and simply do nothing again when opened via the desktop. I've also tried opening the programs with the tablet's usb input disconnected, then plugging it in while the programs are open - the result is that Chromium SegFaults within 2-3 seconds of connecting, while the rest of the programs remain running and seem to be fine, though if you try to open another instance of them after reconnecting, the new instance will SegFault. Also, this happens across multiple Desktops evnironments (I've tried GNOME, Plasma, Cinnamon and LXDE. LXDE doesn't even start with the tablet's usb connected, and there were a lot of LXDE-related core dump files afterwards).

I'm still pretty new to Arch, and to linux in general, so I'm at a loss as to what or where I should be looking or doing at this point. Any suggestions or nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Links (Warning, some of these are super long):

hwinfo

tl;dr on my hardware if a lot of hwinfo is as cryptic for you as it is for me:

Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, BIOS 3029
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1594(?) MHz
GPU: Geforce GTX 760
SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB
2nd HDD, used for file storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
1st Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 245BW
2nd Monitor: Yiynova MVP22U
Keyboard: Logitech K740 Illuminated Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Naga

(The Yiynova is listed as UC-Logic in a lot of these outputs.)
lsusb
lsusb -v -d
xinput
dmesg
Xorg.0.log
Xorg.1.log
Some of the end of journalctl

Some program core dumps, courtesy of coredumpctl:
Chromium
GIMP
Mirage
xinput_calibrator (how ironic that the calibration tool the tablet needs SegFaults, too. haha)

Board footer