You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-15 16:21:53

radagast8

ericsson f3507g setup in arch.

Hello!

I have recently come over from opensuse and i have to say my machine is running slick as a lubricated banana.

now, one question- does anyone know how to get the aforementioned wwan card working?
in opensuse, networkmanager handled it all for me, but now i am quite set on using netctl as it is part of systemd. (great stuff.)

I am using a thinkpad t420, and i followed most of this guide in suse before realising my card was already working in networkmanager, can anyone confirm that this will work using netctl on arch or suggest another method? i am also happy with using connman but networkmanager is out of the question for now, it was something i really didn't like, for instance doing stuff like blacklisting the card when it was turned off etc. or suggest another method?

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ericsson_ … and_Module

Thank you all!

#2 2016-10-15 19:05:40

radagast8

Re: ericsson f3507g setup in arch.

progress! sort of.

i tried the wvdial method and when i got a configuration that worked, it gave this error:

`*current_task->stack_magic == 0x123678' failed

I found a solution (seemingly) to fix wvdial, the problem comes from wvstream and a certain file in the source needs to be changed. details can be found here:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/48390

someone made a patch fixing the wvstream, but their patch only changed an integer value to 1026 from 1024, other users reported this is ideally changed to 2048. couldn't patch it, tried changing the patch to 2048 and generating the mdsums but no luck sadly. you may also have to change your pppd path.

just leaving this here as info. i'll be using the cdc ethernet interface for now.

also managed to make a semi working configadded onto the section created with wvdial -C

[Dialer 3G]
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/ttyACM1
BAUD = 460800
Init1 = AT+CFUN=6
Init2 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","insert.apn.here"
Username = 9180******      #this is for sims with no username
Password = 9180******
Phone = *99#

Last edited by radagast8 (2016-10-15 19:11:41)

Board footer