You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-22 22:43:33

5ulo

Natural scrolling is randomly reseting

Since last update to Gnome 3.22 mouse & trackpad natural scrolling is working randomly. To achieve the functionality I have to turn off the natural scrolling, reboot and enable it again and reboot.. If the gnome shell crashes and restarts again by itself, the natural scrolling is again in the wrong direction.
Is there any way to hardcode the right behavior of natural scrolling inside some config file?
Thank you

edit:
I installed latest updates. Before that natural scrolling wasn't working ong wayland but worked under xorg. After latest updates natural scrolling isn't working under xorg but is working under wayland.. strange.

Last edited by 5ulo (2016-10-23 00:28:14)

#2 2016-11-21 18:12:24

5ulo

Re: Natural scrolling is randomly reseting

ok.. this isn't funny anymore.. Natural scrolling is ok with mouse but wrong with touchpad. If I switch to console (ctrl+alt+Fx) and back, the scroll direction is again switchet in the wrong direction!!! Mouse is scrolling upside down and touchpad is ok. So I have to go to settings > Mouse and Touchpad > Natural scrolling turn off > reboot > Settings > mouse & touchpad > natural scrolling turn on > reboot.. and then I have natural scrolling with mouse and touchpad is upside down :-/ I hate these little things..

#3 2017-01-28 23:05:27

Blasphemist

I'm still finding this setting is inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes I can change the setting, close the mouse/touchpad settings, change the setting again, it works for a while or maybe even days. Sooner or later it starts ignoring the setting again. Using the touchpad it's worse than when using my wireless mouse. Toshiba Satellite C55-A, Gnome, Wayland. This happened when I was using Xorg but is more frequent now on Wayland.

Simple and Open

#4 2017-01-30 22:03:21

Blasphemist

Natural scrolling is working for me today without me changing anything. Go figure.

Simple and Open

#5 2017-01-31 16:20:21

jagan605

You can write the configuration in

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

and make sure it works in X. For me irrespective of the DE/WM, setting it in Xorg config has made the behaviour consistent.

Board footer