You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-24 12:38:41

tarek_said_info

How can update oracle-sqldeveloper directly with pacaur?

The oracle-sqldeveloper AUR package requires an external file, sqldeveloper-<version>-no-jre.zip, to be installed locally (due to licensing issue with Oracle).

Whenever there package is updated in aur, pacaur complains that the file cannot be found, so as a workaround I download the tarball from AUR, place the required external file in the folder and install it manually using makepkg and pacman -U.

I was wondering if there was a way I could tell pacaur where the external file required is located, so that I could update it directly with pacaur.

Thanks in advance,
Tarek.

#2 2016-10-24 12:56:07

basica

Re: How can update oracle-sqldeveloper directly with pacaur?

There might be a cleaner way, but all that comes to mind for me is to run pacaur -d $pkgname to download the files first, then copy the file in the build dir and then run pacaur again to install it. If you're manually downloading the file anyways, you could just have a wrapper script that calls pacaur -d, copies the file to the build dir, and then runs pacaur again to install it.

#3 2016-10-24 13:04:47

tarek_said_info

basica wrote:

There might be a cleaner way, but all that comes to mind for me is to run pacaur -d $pkgname to download the files first, then copy the file in the build dir and then run pacaur again to install it. If you're manually downloading the file anyways, you could just have a wrapper script that calls pacaur -d, copies the file to the build dir, and then runs pacaur again to install it.

Thanks a lot! Since I don't have a pacaur.conf, I've checked the man pages for pacaur, and found out that the default BUILDDIR is the same as the clone dir, which is $HOME/.cache/pacaur. In it, I have a oracle-sqldeveloper folder. What I'll do is download the files needed and placing them there (again: $HOME/.cache/pacaur/oracle-sqldeveloper).

It should work the same for other packages that require external files, such as Oracle's Weblogic 12c.

Thanks again,
Tarek.

#4 2016-10-24 21:01:25

basica

Glad to hear that works for you, don't forget to mark the thread as solved to help others find it in the future.

Board footer