You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-27 16:17:32

julianograms

3 monitors with 2 graphic cards

Well, I want to setup 3 monitors, 2 with my Nnvidia GTX 570, and 1 with the OnBoard Intel. I'm using archlinux. When I execute lspci, the 2 graphic cards were identified

localhost% lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF110 [GeForce GTX 570 Rev. 2] (rev a1)

But the OnBoard intel does not work, here is my conf file

# First head of first video card in the system
Section "Device"
  Identifier  "GeForce GTX 570"
  Driver      "nvidia"

# If you have multiple video cards, the BusID controls which one this definition refers
  # to.  You can omit it if you only have one card.
  BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"

# Need to flag this as only referring to one output on the card
  Screen      0

# For nVidia devices, this controls which connector the monitor is connected to.
  Option      "UseDisplayDevice"   "DFP-0"

# We want control!
  Option      "DynamicTwinView"    "FALSE"

# Various performance and configuration options
  Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals"  "true"
  Option      "UseEDIDDpi"         "false"
  Option      "DPI"                "96 x 96"
  Option      "Coolbits"           "1"
EndSection

# Second head of same video card (note different Identifier but same BusID.)  We can omit
# the UseDisplayDevice option this time as it will pick whichever one is remaining.
Section "Device"
  Identifier  "GeForce GTX 570 b"
  Driver      "nvidia"
  BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
  # This is the second output on this card
  Screen      1

# Same config options for all cards
  Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals"  "true"
  Option      "UseEDIDDpi"         "false"
  Option      "DPI"                "96 x 96"
  Option      "Coolbits"           "1"
  Option      "DynamicTwinView"    "FALSE"
EndSection

# First head of second video card, note different BusID.
Section "Device"
  Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
  Driver      "intel"
  BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
  Screen      3
EndSection

When I boot the system, the monitor conected with the OnBoard card starts, so the initial log show on that screen, but when the GNOME desktop starts, the screen of my OnBoard card freezes on the console, and only my 2 monitors connected to my OffBoard Graphic Card were started. The OnBoard monitor isn't identified. What I need to do?

After doing some tests, I've got no success. If I declare 2 devices with Xinerama disabled, GNOME starts in the onboard (intel) graphic card, after I login, my 2 monitors plugged on the offboard (nvidia) graphic card open the desktop, but the onboard monitor freezes on the login screen. If I enable the Xinerama option, when I login the onboard and offboard monitors become black, and I have no access to the OS, even trying ctrl+alt+f2 to open another terminal. What cant I do to enable the intel monitor? It isn't identifyed when I try xranr -q.

Board footer