You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-27 23:20:49

Glaeqen

[SOLVED] Graphical glitches while making X session

Hi,
I'd like to ask if short, graphical glitch during creation of X session is normal?
If it's common, then how to fix, at least hide it? It really does ruin look and feel. The same goes for recreating sessions by eg. LightDM (dm-tool lock). Locking screen's responsiveness is beyond annoyance.
Thanks for answers smile

Last edited by Glaeqen (2016-11-02 10:28:46)

#2 2016-10-28 19:15:52

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Graphical glitches while making X session

Glaeqen wrote:

I'd like to ask if short, graphical glitch during creation of X session is normal?

Normal for what?  Intel graphics on laptop with internal (lvds) LCD display (like this laptop), no.
Hybrid graphics system? Don't know
Nvidia? Don't know.
External display with display port? Don't know.
External display with XGA? Don't know.

Please tell us (a lot) more about your system.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-10-28 19:29:22

Glaeqen

xf86-video-amdgpu drivers, AMD Radeon HD 7850, HDMI connected monitor with Full HD resolution. Thing is,  I'm out for a few days, so I'm not able to access the desktop that is  facing the problem at the moment. I'll provide more details later.

#4 2016-11-02 10:28:27

Glaeqen

I found the solution. Lack of ATI module. I thought intuitively that amdgpu is a correct driver. My GPU is old enough that it requires ATI drivers. Marked as solved.

Board footer