You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-30 18:06:14

aiv

[SOLVED] Problems with multimedia playback

Hello,

I have been having problems with miltimedia playback, both when using browsers and programs such as VLC. Videos keep jumping ahead/behind or even freeze for a number of seconds, every minute or even more frequently than that.
I have searched the forums and elsewhere for a solution as I usually do, but haven't managed to find a solution to this problem so far. Therefore, any help (or even a hint, anything really) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using:

OS: 64-bit Arch with LTS kernel version 4.4.27-1, using XFCE
VGA: Radeon R4/R5 Graphics on Lenovo G50-45 (with xf86-video-ati installed)
The Flash version that I'm using is the 11,2,202,637 one (although I need to mention that this situation has been going on for way over a month)

If I've missed any pieces of information that could be of use to you, please let me know and I'll include them straightaway.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by aiv (2016-11-01 11:57:02)

#2 2016-10-31 09:16:47

berbae

Re: [SOLVED] Problems with multimedia playback

Did you read the ATI entry of the wiki?

The Xorg log file would be useful.

Are you speaking of streaming videos on the Internet?

Also there is https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57084 to look into.

Last edited by berbae (2016-10-31 09:21:28)

#3 2016-10-31 09:48:41

aiv

Re: [SOLVED] Problems with multimedia playback

berbae wrote:

Did you read the ATI entry of the wiki?

The Xorg log file would be useful.

Are you speaking of streaming videos on the Internet?

Also there is https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57084 to look into.

Thank you for your suggestions, I've updated my post accordingly. I will also look into the pages you mentioned. The installation that I'm using has been cloned from a different laptop, I still am trying to make all the necessary changes to it. Maybe I should have checked the graphic drivers earlier.

This problem occurs when I watch videos in any browser, as well as when watching videos that have been downloaded to my filesystem.

Solution: It turned out I just had to use the correct drivers for my laptop, which is definitely embarrassing but I won't get into that now. Once again, thank you berbae and anyone else who wanted to help.

Last edited by aiv (2016-11-01 11:53:56)

Board footer