You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-02 09:28:41

niceman

can't install .Net core debugger for vscode : dotnet restore fails

I'm having a problem installing the .Net core debugger for vscode. 

I have vscode through the visual-studio-code AUR package and I installed dotnet-cli from the AUR, I installed the C# extension , it prompted me for downloading Omnisharp mono and that's what I did, I configured omnisharp-path and set omnisharp-usemono to true. 

I went to the C# extension directory and discovered that the debugger is installed via a gulp task, I added this code :

case "arch":
       return Platform.Fedora;

To platform.js and then issued the gulp task, the task created project.json and issued `dotnet restore`, here where it fails with these messages : http://pastebin.com/Da7SjXxR

I see many "incompatible with undefined", I realized later that "undefined" should actually have been "arch" the distro, I know that Arch isn't officially supported , I'm looking for an unofficial solution here. 

So how do I install the debugger for vscode ?

This is the output of dotnet --info :

.NET Command Line Tools (1.0.0-preview2-003131)

Product Information:
 Version:            1.0.0-preview2-003131
 Commit SHA-1 hash:  635cf40e58

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     arch
 OS Version:  
 OS Platform: Linux
 RID:         arch.-x64

Also do know that I can create asp.net core applications with yoeman and I can build them and run them successfully (with or without Authentication/Authorization) smile, also the C# extension works(highlighting, intellisense) except for debug .

Last edited by niceman (2016-11-02 09:30:26)

#2 2017-03-17 11:10:39

starquake

Re: can't install .Net core debugger for vscode : dotnet restore fails

Have you gotten it to work yet? Have you seen this? https://github.com/OmniSharp/omnisharp- … ssues/1323

I'm also trying to get it to work

Board footer