You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-28 18:02:36

desertViking

Having trouble with cupsd; running but "no host found&q

Hi,

I'm having difficulty with cups.  I successfully printed last night, and came down today, rebooted the PC and I cannot get cups to successfully connect.

I've started the daemon, and checked to see that it is active.  It is.  I am using the default cupsd.conf file.  When I execute ./cups restart, the stop and start functions come up, displaying DONE. 

ps -A | greps cups

shows cupsd active.

I am accustomed to using the KDE peripherals>printers manager.  When I start it, it gives me Connection to CUPS server failed.  Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running.  Error: host not found.I found another thread about the recent upgradehttp://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=21781&highlight=cupsand reinstalled cups and the other scripts mentioned.  Still haven't been able to get things going again.

Again, just FYI, this was working last night and I can't remember making any changes to the system.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thx in advance! :?

"In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

#2 2006-05-28 21:10:55

desertViking

Re: Having trouble with cupsd; running but "no host found&q

Hi,

I found in cupsd.conf

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

I commented out the last line and restarted cups.  It's OK now.
Did this recently get updated?  I didn't make this change...

"In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

Board footer