You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-05 00:57:27

wil93

[SOLVED] Mouse pointer suddenly disappeared and still missing

Hi,

Lately I updated to GNOME 3.22 and I noticed that Wayland is now the default choice. This worked for me until some days ago, when my mouse pointer disappeared.

I tried reverting some updates, to see if I had updated something that may have broke the pointer (I downgraded mesa, mesa-libgl and some others, but the result was the same).

Maybe it's cause I installed wine? I think it's the only thing that I had just installed when the pointer broke.

Now I'm stuck using the "find mouse pointer" accessibility feature (and I repeatedly have to press CTRL while moving the pointer in order to see it, because it quickly disappears).

The other option is explicitly selecting Xorg at login, but it's almost worse (the pointer is laggy, I think because gnome-shell is taking up a lot of CPU).

Last edited by wil93 (2016-11-26 20:58:29)

#2 2016-11-10 20:18:19

wil93

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse pointer suddenly disappeared and still missing

After the last update, I can't use the Xorg login anymore (I have a "X" cursor, black background, and I can't do anything) so I'm forced to use the Wayland login, and to repeatedly press CTRL or SHIFT or ALT in order to see the pointer.

I also tried to ask in the GNOME official IRC but I got no answers. Is there some place where I can ask for help? I am seriously considering switching to KDE...

#3 2016-11-10 22:30:39

ichundu

wil93 wrote:

After the last update, I can't use the Xorg login anymore (I have a "X" cursor, black background, and I can't do anything) so I'm forced to use the Wayland login, and to repeatedly press CTRL or SHIFT or ALT in order to see the pointer.

I also tried to ask in the GNOME official IRC but I got no answers. Is there some place where I can ask for help? I am seriously considering switching to KDE...

what device are you using? i have a dell xps13 9360 with intel graphics.

i got the same problem today after updating:
mutter
gnome-shell
gnome-extensions

Cant't login to "Gnome on Xorg" right now, only wayland session is working. I can start i3wm (which uses xorg) i guess without problem but not in gnome.

#4 2016-11-10 22:35:51

wil93

xps13 9350 here

Only wayland session is working for me as well, but I don't have a cursor there... do you?

#5 2016-11-14 08:35:17

wil93

My current workaround is using XFCE, which has no cursor issues and (almost completely) supports hidpi.

#6 2016-11-26 20:58:13

wil93

I solved the issue. I apparently had the magnification enabled, even if it wasn't actually magnifying anything... and there's a bug with the magnification.

See https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=774236

Board footer