You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-08 04:23:21

jorgemota

[SOLVED] Problem with aur/coreclr-git

Hi, I am trying to resolve a issue with this package from a week and 3 days ago...

Every time I execute yaourt -Syyuua there says a new version for aur/coreclr-git                 arm64drop.2.1575.g1d49a9b-1 -> b8cf76e-1 is available (the latest, the commit revision is changing every day), tried to upgrade the package but always got an error like this:

[ 15%] Building CXX object src/vm/wks/CMakeFiles/cee_wks.dir/__/__/__/version.cpp.o
[ 15%] Linking CXX static library libcee_wks.a
[ 15%] Built target cee_wks
make: *** [Makefile:128: all] Error 2
Failed to build coreclr components.

If I move to /tmp/yaourt-tmp-jorge/aur-coreclr-git and run
makepkg I got this different error

[ 16%] Building CXX object src/binder/v3binder/CMakeFiles/v3binder.dir/__/__/__/version.cpp.o
[ 16%] Linking CXX static library libv3binder.a
[ 16%] Built target v3binder
make: *** [Makefile:128: all] Error 2
Failed to build coreclr components.

I have googled some error about cee_wks , libcee_wks.a  but I don't get any reference, only a few about clang3.5 from february, but I was upgrading the coreclr-git every day without problem for 3 weeks.

Can someone give me an advice to check and correct this problem?

I have this a suspects, from reading a few threads on stackoverflow and somewhere else. Maybe I need to downgrade these packages (but I don't know to what version):
llvm
clang

I already tried the epoch=1 suggested on aur package page (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/coreclr-git/ )
Where I can look for correct versions for this package?

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall because I am using this machine for develop, If I can't  it install again, I need to setup a windows machine sad

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jorgemota (2016-11-08 05:03:15)

#2 2016-11-08 04:37:10

jorgemota

Re: [SOLVED] Problem with aur/coreclr-git

Running $src/build.sh clang35 verbose give me an detailed error:

/tmp/yaourt-tmp-jorge/aur-coreclr-git/src/coreclr/src/debug/ee/debugger.h:3515:22: note: expanded from macro 'interopsafe'
#define interopsafe (*(InteropSafe*)NULL)
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-jorge/aur-coreclr-git/src/coreclr/src/debug/ee/funceval.cpp:2688:29: error: binding dereferenced null pointer to reference has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wnull-dereference]
        BYTE * pTemp = new (interopsafe) BYTE[ALIGN_UP(sizeof(ValueClassInfo), 8) + size];
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-jorge/aur-coreclr-git/src/coreclr/src/debug/ee/debugger.h:3515:22: note: expanded from macro 'interopsafe'
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-jorge/aur-coreclr-git/src/coreclr/src/debug/ee/funceval.cpp:3886:21: error: binding dereferenced null pointer to reference has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wnull-dereference]
        comp = new (interopsafe) DebuggerFuncEvalComplete(pThread, dest);
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 errors generated.

downgraded clang and llvm to 3.5, executed build.sh and this works ok, but don't installs it.

Now If I try to run yaourt -Syyuua this offers me to replace clang35 with clang and this don't work again sad

#3 2016-11-08 04:41:46

circleface

downgraded clang and llvm to 3.5, executed build.sh and this works ok, but don't installs it.

I'm not sure what you mean there.  Do you mean it doesn't automatically install, or are you trying to manually install the package and getting an error?

#4 2016-11-08 04:47:20

jorgemota

circleface wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean there.  Do you mean it doesn't automatically install, or are you trying to manually install the package and getting an error?

I downgraded llvm and clang to 3.5, moved to git cloned dir /tmp/yaourt-tmp.../core.../src/core.../ and executed build.sh this compiles ok, but give me an error about executing this without an option (architecture ) I suspect there is waiting for $pkgver or something settled before yaourt call build.sh.

So right now, I edited the PKGBuild and settled the dependencies to clang35 and llvm35 to test it.

#5 2016-11-08 04:59:31

jorgemota

Ok, I just upgraded the package,

Changed dependencies from clang to clang35 and llvm to llvm35 and all works ok..

I am going to prepare a virtual machine to check a clean installation with latest clang (3.9) and llvm

Board footer