You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-09 14:21:48

jooch

How to remap sound card outputs?

Hi everyone,

Last night my surround amplifier broke down on me, or at least part of it. One of the rear channels is busted, so as a quick fix i thought why not evade the digital section of the amplifier all together and run it in surround direct mode (separate analog inputs).

I have a 7.1 sound card from AuzenTech, an X-Meridian 2G (CMI8788). So i ran some extra cables from my soundcard to my amp and presto! the surround was working again, or wait where's the subwoofer?

As i ran 'speaker-test -Dplug:surround71 -c8 -t wav' i noticed the physical connection of the subwoofer is mapped to the 'rear center' channel.

I know alsa can fix this by remapping the channels in asoundrc, but i have never done this before.
Anyone able to offer some help on this?

Cheers, Jochum

#2 2016-11-10 18:57:25

Drehstromlampe

Re: How to remap sound card outputs?

im not sure how to do this with asoundrc

i always did it by modifying /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/default.conf

add a new profile with your channel mapping and a new name
e.g. i added

[Mapping analog-surround-60]
device-strings = surround51:%f
channel-map = front-left,front-right,front-left,front-right,front-left,front-right
paths-output = analog-output analog-output-lineout analog-output-speaker
priority = 5
direction = output

you can then activate this profile with pavucontrol

#3 2016-11-10 19:20:18

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: How to remap sound card outputs?

Use ttables.  Here are some examples:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Remap_HDMI … ON_-_Linux

Note: I haven't actually read through that page I linked - I just found it had good example uses of the ttable configuration.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer