You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-15 04:00:03

zulqurnain

KDE 5 Plasma gwenview not displaying files [SOLVED]

Hello,
Like any noob ive been searching the forms for something similar. I will explain as how i remember it
I installed kde5 gwenview and eveything was fine. i could see files i downloaded with xdman that were in my home folder.
then i installed vlc and this kind of messed me up. after i booted the pc on the day after i installed vlc, everytime i tried to open a folder vlc would open and just start playing a media file that resided in that folder. well i figured out how to stop vlc from doing that but then after that i got to my home folder and there is nothing.
when i use the terminal to see if the files are there they are all there . i even used samba and can see the files from my android. when i search for the file the file appears and i can play the file.
i tried to delete ~/. config files that others suggested to delete in order to "reset" kde5 but they dont exist...
i can see pictures and when i try editing gwenview to show me other files it doesnt do anything...
any tip or pointers would be great
thanks

<< da solution >>
Its been a while since i went back to look at this post and two things might have happened, like the only brother who replied, it might have a update that caused the bug and  an update cured it or i resorted to a fresh install of arch.

Last edited by zulqurnain (2017-09-14 20:15:14)

#2 2016-11-20 04:32:20

NeoZelux

Re: KDE 5 Plasma gwenview not displaying files [SOLVED]

did you install vlc on its own or was it done alongside a system update ? (eg pacman -Syu vlc versus pacman -S vlc) .
If you look at /var/log/pacman.log it should have the history of all your pacman updates etc..
-- disclaimer --
(I don't know anything about kde tongue)

Last edited by NeoZelux (2016-11-20 04:32:46)

#3 2017-09-14 20:12:04

zulqurnain

Re: KDE 5 Plasma gwenview not displaying files [SOLVED]

i know this has been quite a while and dont even remember what i did after, most likely i just went and did a fresh install of arch, my go to solution when i hit a wall i can break through or dont want climb. thanks and hope to see you around
best

Board footer